Friday, January 17, 2014

Passion for growing food

My unquenchable desire to grow delicious, colorful and unique foods has led me to discover new vegetables and flavors that few years ago I would have never imagine even existed.  From colorful corn to exotic asian greens, the canvas of my vegetable garden changes year to year.

My resolve to achieve a self-sustainable garden and grow reliance vegetables is stronger than ever. And with it, my garden somehow have taken an international flair. I now grow Italian tomatoes, Asian greens, Middle-eastern legumes and New World crops and more.

In the area of  Asian inspired produce, sometimes you can find Thai Basil and Mizuna,  Garbanzo or Bangladesh hot chiles.


The star of this next season will be one of my discoveries from last year : Koimo sweet potato.


Baked koimo sweet potato

Coincidentally I grew this variety and serendipity stroke once baked! Koimo has the best flavor, sweet and dense.

This year more about this; stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment